Friday, December 13, 2013

 
 
ADVENTURES IN THE ERC  PART 8
 
I have been here in this mission for enough time and have met so many new people that I am beginning to forget some of those I have registered and helped, although I wrote many of their names down (with their employment preferences--in case I come across any jobs in their fields).  Plus, many adventures are happening this month, what with the Mission Conference with a General Authority and our Mission Christmas party, coming up this week and next.  So I am just going to tell about this day, which hasn't finished yet (it is 2pm and not much is going on).  So far, I have registered two new people to our website, one a member who is fully active in the Church and is seeking outside employment for the first time in years, Meghan.  Her dream job is to be a paramedic, but she is looking for employment to help pay for her education.  She had done "nanny"  work for  many years and is interested in finding a position in customer service.  There are thousands of customer service jobs available, according to the website, though likely many are filled, and other related jobs in our "jobs book", so, hopefully, she will be successful.  The second lady who came in was Keywanda, who was born in Louisiana, but lived 43 years here.  As I was talking to her while she registered, I sensed that she might be interested in the Church--she is a non-member.  I told her some things about the Church and why I love it and it must have resonated with her, because she said she wanted to join!!  She was tired on being "in the world" and "it was time" for her to become part of a church.  I got her information and, with her permission, after she left, I brought her referral down to the mission office (this is the third person I have actually referred).  I am excited to learn how she feels about the Church and asked if I could be part of teaching the discussions, if possible.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment