Monday, December 9, 2013

 
BEING REMEMBERED  BY THOSE LEFT BEHIND
 
 
 
I was absolutely astonished to receive two packages from wonderful friends back home!!  I couldn't
believe that the Van Dyke family sent me a lovely little box in a larger box--so cute-and the most heart-warming Thanksgiving card.  Each member of the family had written a little supportive and loving note in the card, and I cried when I read it and felt their love--and Heavenly Father's love for me, as I know that the Spirit moved them to reach out to this old and somewhat lonely missionary.  It was simply unbelievable to me that someone, not actually family, would even take the time to do this.  Then, in the next  mail, which came to the office, there was this big box for me from Janice and Steve Graham.  Inside there was a lovely shiney Christmas tree decorated with intricately cut out  decorative squares with inspiring scriptures about the Savior.  It was so incredible and just what I need--I keep reading the scriptures during the day and it strengthens me spiritually from the everyday troubles.  All this reinforces the realization that we missionaries are very much dependent on the prayers and support of those we love at home.  Bless you wonderful friends!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment