Monday, December 30, 2013

 
 
 
BAD START == GOOD END,  MORE ADVENTURES IN THE ERC
 
 
It never fails!  Last night was a terrible night for sleep.  I slept from about 9:30 PM to 12:00 AM and could not get back to sleep the rest of the night.  I was so anxious--my anxiety level reached new heights!   I had had a wonderful weekend with Noelle and Dane coming down to be with me on Sat,  after which Noelle spent the night with me.  We got up early to drive up to St. George to go to the Maes' (Dane's grandparents) farewell, which was so great, and stayed for the whole block.  I was so glad we did, as the meetings were wonderful--their ward is filled with seasoned dedicated and strong members of the Church (I'm sure they all were, are now, or will be again, missionaries!).  After having lunch with the family, I drove back to Las Vegas.  Somehow, I felt a bit depressed after coming home, which hasn't happened before when family has left, and then, not a lot of sleep.  I was sure it would be a not-so-great day in the center, but was I ever wrong!.  There were some very special and well-loved children of our Heavenly Father who came in seeking employment and I got to meet and register some of them.  Shirley and Brittany were both non-members and I talked to them about some employment resources we encourage our clients to use before we help them register.  Because there were two of them, Sister Clark helped to register Shirley, while I worked with Brittany.  She was very thankful and she hugged me as she left.  I feel confident that she will come back in and I will have a chance to ask her if she "would be willing" to learn more about the Church, but it just wasn't the right timing.  Marcus, who seemed to have less than no knowledge about the computer (me at my worst!) was very nice and, also a non-member, expressed interest in the Church (again, he said he would be back and was grateful).  Brother Lamos, mentioned elsewhere in this blog as someone I helped find a good job (not really, but he gave me credit) came in for help with his daughter, Alessandra, who was a darling 18 year old looking for her first job.  The icing on the cake was a precious young woman, Kamikia, who I registered and had time to talk about the Church.  After helping her, I mentioned how everything there was from member donations, including us volunteers because of our love for the Savior.  She said she  really wanted to know more and even join the Church when she can.  When she left, she gave me the sweetest longest hug and we both felt the Spirit unto tears.  All I could think of was that she would have a great blessing of becoming a "fellow citizen with the Saints and of the household of God."  What an honor to be able to serve these great people in this small way!

2 comments:

  1. Mom, that is so great! What beautiful experiences you are having each day. I am so glad you are writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mom,
    We haven't read anything from you for a while. We'd like that to change. :)
    Love,
    Noelle

    ReplyDelete